Subject: Re: Changing aspect ratio
From: Tony Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 08:58:51 -0500

> Begin forwarded message:

> [email-masked] says:
> Sounds like you work on a Mac :).  I
> have found that while this is the  "thinking" 300dpi you need
> a 300x8.5 by 300x11 image, and if you want to  go to film you
> need a humm lets see 8.5 x 2400 by 11x2400 bitmap?
> 

> However reality does not always work this way,

A pixel is a pixel on a Mac, Amiga or Whatever.  Some printers don't  
have the resolution to print individual pixels, but NONE will add  
resolution to a low-resolution image.  NO WAY.   Anti-aliasing can be  
used to increase apparent resolution, but is very limited.

> Basicly I've found that you can't go by what one person say's
> can or can  not be done.

This I can agree with (ha).

TJ.

---
=======================================================================
Tony Johnson                     |  Phone: (713) 364-5204
Advanced Technology Group        |    FAX: (713) 367-9036
WilTel, Inc., The Woodlands, TX  | e-mail:[email-masked]
=======================================================================